Thursday, October 25, 2012

Night with Lohengrin

Blessed Eternal,

I don't know if I could start off my first blog with a more pleasing post as this. I write this at 1:26 am on a Thursday, in the wee morning hours of my last program day, as well day of graduation from a program that I invested my life of the last month in. As a willing person of my own accord I took the steps to work on my emotional and mental health, since I had already began working on my physical health. With this said my life has never been better, and I am feeling actual peace in my life. My meds are under control, I have support systems in place, and I am living the skills I've learned as I traverse this path to a well balance me in my wholeness.  Group yesterday was about Distress Tolerance, it had been skills I actually learned my first week so I was the only one it wasn't new to and yet it was nice to see how my coping skills change and my understanding into more healthy things and ways. We have to name and do one thing everyday what we are going to do do for ourselves in the evening. This serves as a gift to ourselves. Mine was to go to the Opera.  So this brings me up to why I am still up at 138a an just getting home 40mins ago.

So I decided to herald in my graduation day with my favorite libretto what a wonderful choice and evening could not have been more perfect.  So I had an extraordinary evening with a wonderful friend. So full of life and joyful banter. Nothing could have made this night more perfect. Jason was the perfect date, a gentleman of gentlemen. Treated me like a queen, opened doors, held the umbrella, and knows how to carry on an intelligent conversation. There will be many more encounters, but that's it just encounters of friendship. I was in my element, Opera, and dressing up elegantly to go to the opera is one of my greatest life pleasures. And Lohengrin is one of my favorite librettos its a romanticism piece and I loved their rendition however i do want the 1979 version.  I also now own Gonoud's Faust which I have waited years for its a 5 act libretto or operetta which I am grateful for.  Jason allowed me to experience the moment in the fulness of times and moments.  I can't remember the time I had this much fun out with anyone. Jason bought hors d'oeuvres as we were late for seating for first act as he went to wrong building after parking the car so we watched it on the monitor and enjoyed a new experiences along with the Giants game at the same time from the employees.  We rejoined our seats the second act in the center of the house S120 S118. I was so blessed to be able share my favorite opera with Jason as he really enjoyed it. I was suppose to go with Andy and at the last minute could not so i immediately called Jason and he dropped what he was doing, stopped cooking, got dressed, and came and picked me up,  I love how it takes a guy no time to get ready. Hair alone not including makeup takes a half hour on my part especially drying. After the Opera we went to Tommy's Joint for delicious mouth melting food, i had the brisquet , he had the salmon.  There is a lot Jason and I learn from each other.

I live a champagne lifestyle on a diet coke budget.  And its funny as a kid there were 2 types of music i listen to the most was Spanish Marachi and Classical and my mom could understand how I liked either, and to this day I still love both. I have traveled and enjoyed the fine things of life on numerous occasions, I like to say I was raised with a wooden spoon as we were a military family, but i raised myself with a silver spoon. I am not at home in a bar, sporting event, or nascar race and I don't discount those who are. I rather my in an art opening, a museum, opera, symphony, ballet, theatre, traveling the world and looking at and enjoying period architecture, experiencing culture, fine dining, balls, and black tie and evening gown events.

Today I graduate with bittersweet emotions, but I am grateful for the skills I learned and will continue tovbuild mastery upon, I have already incorporated them into my therapy.  I am glad I took the initiative well betime i need to be leaving house in 6 hours.

With love and gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina