Thursday, October 18, 2012

ALC 12: the Sponsorship Letter

On February 21st, 2010 I had my world turned upside down when I was given an HIV
positive result at the Desert AIDS Project in Palm Springs. I decided I was not going
to be a victim of circumstance and instead would put a face on HIV/AIDS. I worked in
outreach and prevention as an advocate, peer educator and mentor. I taught HIV 101
at Berkeley High and sat on the HIV Prevention Planning Council, all while my health
continued to deteriorate.

I decided to do something greater for others and for my health. I decided to train for the
AIDS/Lifecycle. I borrowed a bike and after only a few weeks I’m already up to 48
mile rides! I am riding for those unable to ride. I am riding for those who have passed
on and are no longer here with us because of HIV/AIDS. I ride for those who have been
effected and affected by HIV/AIDS in hope of bringing a better quality of life to them.
The money I raise will be used to provide services these people need provided by San
Francisco AIDS Foundation and Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center. I am riding for
LIFE. I am riding because I AM A SURVIVOR!!!!!



I answered the call to make a difference in my life and for those around me as well. Will
you answer the call to donate?

My biggest fundraiser is ride jersey that I will wear with the Positive Pedaler logo which
will be a tribute to those living with HIV/AIDS and those who have lost their fight. To
have a tribute placed on the Jersey a minimum of $250 is required. Those who pledge
$500 will receive a t-shirt with the same design as the Jersey.

My goal is to raise 10k, but every dollar makes a difference. You can make a one time
donation, or you can do a monthly pledge as well. All donations are tax deductable.

Thank you so much for your consideration and your support.

With gratitude,

Katerina G. du Lac

Positive Pedaler and AIDS/LifeCycle Rider 2984
http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/kdulac

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina