Monday, October 22, 2012

ALC 12: I am still doing it

Almost 2 and half months has passes since I started riding and I am still riding.  My health is still doing great minus some fatigue again but nothing I am not able to overcome.  My biggest ride to date is a 48 mile ride (including ride home) and this was the training ride kickoff. I have been riding on the weekends by myself working up the mileage.  Prior to 48 miles I did the a route from the Ferry Building up over Fort Mason to Golden Gate Bridge down past baker beach to North Beach and back through Golden Gate Park and home via Haight and Market. Also did the Fairfax ride as well.  I am riding 10-20 miles easily and doing hills today was 14.63 miles started feeling sick so did not do the headlands which was a great thing as the rain was coming in.  I try to ride at least 10 miles a couple times a week.  I love being able to just get on the bike and ride anywhere.  I have a passion in life an expensive passion in life but I live for cycling and it is my peace time and mindfulness when I ride nothing else matters and there is something about just being out in the world on the bike that just gives a new perspective to the world and life.  to date I have lost 14 lbs and gained 8 in lean muscle.  I have been doing the Transformation kit of Visalus and I love Visalus. My sugar level has been normalized since being on it and many of my healh problems are almost non existent.  People have notice I have slimmed down.  I have gone down a pants size losing this gut.  I plan on doing ALC 12 next year 545 miles in 7 days, the double bay double (two centuries), the ride for semperfi, as I prepare and traing for a cross country ride. To date I have raise $250, check is in mail from building manager for $20.  PLEASE DONATE. $10,000 which is my goal as I was wrangled into it, provides services for 250 people for another year. 10,000 is much when I think of it as my meds are 10k a year, so i can at least raise the cost of my prescriptions for services for 250 people.

www.tofighthiv.org/goto/kdulac

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina