Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Government benefits will be ending due to self sustaining hard work

In about 3 months I trigger back to work state for SSDI, and by this time next year I won't be on SSDI and SSI any more. For that I'm grateful. SSDI gave me the ability to overcome my disabilities mental and physical, opportunities to focus on me, focus on recovery, and once again to become a self sustaining individual. I've been working pretty much fulltime plus overtime for 6 months. As a result I let go of my housing subsidy in San Francisco to move into bigger better more sustaining place and so it can benefit someone else, I let go of my PAWS for Winter so that those funds can benefit another individual who needs it more than I do for their pet. I'm paying back into my Social Security again with the hope that it's there for me when I retire. In 6 months I've made about 13000 before taxes. Just over 10000 after taxes. That's already more than what I receive with SSDI in a year before taxes. I like what I do but doesn't stop me from wanting bigger and not settling. I want my career.  I want to get out of debt, buy a house, travel, get married have kids. This unfortunately means because I'm in my 3 year window of having my student loans discharged with a condition of staying in an income bracket, in two months my income will be over that bracket and my loans reinstated. One thing I know I can do anything I set my mind to, and I make my goals realistically possible. I've done what my doctor and others thought were impossible. I rode in AIDs Lifecycle 2013 after many health set backs. Today I love life, I love myself, and I don't put myself in a box anymore. I'm living my American dream.

Comment response from a frien when posted on Facebook

This is seriously my favorite status in YEARS. Can I just say... That I am WAY PROUD of who you have allowed yourself to become!! I always saw potential and I am so grateful you started putting yourself first. Please know that I am tearing up reading this and in some way this is validating a huge part of my belief structure. I don't get opportunities to be proud of people that often and you are beyond deserving of time and love than most out there in this world right now. Please let's connect soon and keep this momentum going? Take care and always in love,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina