Monday, July 28, 2014

Honesty doesn't always get us what we want, but gets us what we need

I love when I wake up that my life has new definition, new meaning, that I am able to look in the mirror and love the reflection I see today. I've learned Honesty doesn't always get us what we want, but gets us what we need. I read in an article about SF Pride not allowing The Californi National/Air Guard to march in the Pride or have a booth at Pride because they weren't accepting of transgenders. In the article it ststed that the guard was in fact open to trans, intersex, gender variant to joining. While part of my motives were political, i really did want to Join the Air Guard. I figured if I got in, Gary Virginia (whom i have the utmost respect for) and the Pride Board would have to allow the Guard to march next year. See I was briefly in the Navy in 2000, DADT was the issue being intersex and them not believing me when I reported I was raped, alcohol was also involved as I was 18. So I recieved a general under honorable discharge and a RE-4 reenlistment code. Later I tried to join the Utah National Guard went through the process and everything including the physical and was set to get in and they found out about my perjury charge from 5 years earlier that I conveniently failed to mention, that and i was trans which I was once again hiding I was intersex. I have had a problem with honesty and usually has a way of biting me in the butt. So when i read they except trans into the air guard I was so happy as I have another chance. The recruiter after a game of phone tag got ahold of me and I already made the decision to be honest and forthright. After we talked he wanted to move forward with the process, and I was so happy.  He then asked about drug use, and I told him straight out I am a recovering drug addict with almost a year clean. Unfortunately any drug use minus some marijuana is disqualifying if you have used at any point of your life.  Obviously my Higher Power has something else in mind for me while the CA Air Guard is not in my cards, I can close my eyes when I go to bed knowing just for today I was honest in my dealings with my fellow man and I am living life on life's terms. Knowing what I know now, I'd be honest still if had to do it again; I sacrificed myself in my addiction and did not lije where that took me, I will not sacrifice myself again. Honor, Integrity, Discipline, Service.



I would recommend anyone LGBTQ to join the guard as their mission is to be affirming and a great way to serve your country in a military community that accepts you. They are hiring.

Blessings and service in the light

Lady Katerina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina