Friday, August 15, 2014

Silent Deadly Disease-- Robin Williams did not Kill himself

Addiction and Mental Health can be and often times is a deadly disease. Combine the two and it becomes even deadlier. Ive known people tragically loss to both, i see it in the eyes of some in and out if the rooms or those I pass on the street. I saw it monthly if not weekly in the Tenderloin at my place at the Ambassador, hell if it hadn't been for Harlan in Aug 2013 as he would tell you it was me. I was lucky to be pulled out of the roach infested, feces covered, trash litter, junk piled space as if you looked into my eyes my disease of addiction and mental health was killing me quickly and the light had all but gone out. I dont share this to be look at me but to illustrate a picture what people dont see. It consumes and kills it removes choice and rationale from us. This is a very well put well articulated piece and would encourage highly that people read this. If people can learn one thing i would encourage people to reserve judgement as these are often silent diseases and people are crying for help louder than you think, but because we are a society to busy and detached from on another we do not see or hear what is screaming right in front of us.

#Breakingthestigma
#Voicesthatcare
#sufferinginsilence
#Breakthesilence
#Letthewallsfalldown


the following blog link is not of my authorship but a piece a think all should read.  note after this was posted on Facebook also found out he had Parkinson's Disease

http://popchassid.com/robin-williams-didnt-kill/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina