Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Transgender Surgery and Services are a fundamental and Basic Human Right...... continue #IAmKat

Don't know what tomorrow holds, what the universe will behold, I have lived many adventures, I have walked through the tempests life have billowed toward me some times sinking, and others parting all obstacles  creating a calm path amongst the chaos. I have held my head high and stayed the true north. Today I sit and contemplate, recognize life's gifts and where I have come from. I am grateful and trying not to hold place for survivor guilt, I am blessed what has been afforded to me and I will not let that gift be in vain. Now I get to begin new adventures and immerse my life and journey in cultures and lives that I can't begin to fathom. To understand humanity one must watch and need to do whatever it takes

So today marked a week as a 34DD. Are you planning other surgeries my PCP asked, my reply as i laughed was on the  definitely not. It made pause today when my social worker, physician and therapist made the comment that they were surprised how quickly I was moved through the system and quickly recieved both surgeries. When I had vaginoplasty 8 months ago breast augmentation was not  available. June, I heard about insurance was covering it now, I approached my doctor and he put the recieved my consult in August and was schedule the end of September. I am the first to receive both in the time frame they have been done from my doctors office. Not one denial from the insurance companies and smooth sailings. I was talking to my social worker and she told me the rate of surgeries getting done are slowing down as insurance companies are doing their systematic beauracratic red tape and denying people 3, 4, or 5 times before they approve someone eventually they approve it's a numbers game with another's life as it is costing the insurance companies to much money in the medi-cal area.

I was told more likely it is because of my stability in mental health, physical health, sobriety and such. And the work I have down to overcome my obstacles. Neuropathy, chronic fatigue and pain, mobility and back issues, and tackling every problem I face, working through trauma and learning to live life.

My response I use to think it was simple as having to love oneself it isn't..... how can we say it is more important with someone who has their head and life stable to grant surgery to when the very thing that will most often be the thing that will not only give them confidence, but it would help others feel better about themselves, not cringe at their reflection in the mirror and overall increase their health, stability, and empowerment.

Looking back I recieved  empowerment from the first the surgery, a bounce in my step a sense of freedom. When I had my breast down even more confidence and boost in countenance manifested itself.

For any to tell some to get over themselves, or stop being depressing, or complaining their life is horrible, or that they need financial assistance they are not playing victim, they are trying to survive. When your body petrifys you to the point that it paralyzes you as it was Pennywise from Stephen Kings It, or a snake; when people ridicule and belittle another for their dress or trying to be who they are one has a hard time see their outside match their inside. Depression is debilitating and when  you can't work to provide for yourself, or feel  alone and lonely, where you feel defected and disowned. If you feel some is depressive and complains about food or finances help them verses judge them because they are doing all they can to live another day and not kill themselves.

I am grateful for my care team that is helping me get things in order for upcoming year abroad. I am feeling survivor syndrome why and not others as quickly. But I must pause and thank the universe for the gifts bestowed upon me and instead of why me I can share posts and advocate for others.

Exhausted so I close and I say Thank You

#IAmKat

2 comments:

  1. Sexual identity is the core issue of human psychology. Gender identity poses a great embarrassment for transgenders and we can imagine the problems of a person who just keeps on struggling to find his own gender identity. Their mind needs a constant help and support in this venture of establishing their own self, so that they can integrate themselves in the society at the earliest as per their psychological need. The problem still gets exaggerated when they don't get enough expected support even from the basic supporting pillar, their own family, as well as society. By en large lack of awareness about the gender identity disorder and absence of defined regulations in the society may be the main attributes for this. This puts a transgender (who is already in a constant internal conflict between body and soul), in a conflict with the society leading to hampered interactions and interpersonal relationships with family, friends and colleagues. We understand the core need of an advanced skilled support system for transgenders at every level of their journey of becoming part of society with dignity.

    http://www.transgendersurgeryworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for sharing this. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina