Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Transgender Surgery and Services are a fundamental and Basic Human Right #IAmKat


"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t."-  Legally Blonde

The human condition Is a road map and blueprint to living a standard of care and quality of life. We must stop making laws and judgments governing another's life and body and as humans do all we can to help improve the lives of others. We spend more money decreasing the quality of life of others than investing in the quality of living for people

As human beings we are often judgmental and condescending to others even if not our intent and we expect people to just accept what we have to say when often have no idea what we are talking about. I find myself saying one needs to love themselves first before one goes through with surgery, that internal work needs to be done first. While yes this is in truth is part of the solution, it is also quite dangerous sexism and discriminatory practice being put out there especially by non trans and intersex individuals to push others around and force their ideals of gender on people.

We have no idea how surgery affects and effects another person. For me I worked through a lot of trauma, self hate, addiction, and really learned how to love myself. However one of the first things from my vaginoplasty in Feb was that I woke up from a bad dream and was the most natural thing. Reflection on the last 8 months shows that I have had more confidence, joy, empowerment, and my quality of life has improved 1000% and I am far more comfortable in my own skin.  2 days ago I had my breast augmentation done and while I did not think it would change my life and simply had it done because insurance was paying for it I notice there is even more confidence and my endorphins are radiating

It is hard to love oneself when you are not happy. To have felt you have been trapped in the wrong body or when you look in the mirror nothing lines up. When people judge you based on your looks what you have or don't have, it's hard to see yourself in any other light. Even myself just 2 days after breasts their is confidence in not wearing a bra especially a non padded one. There is noticeable change in countenance I can't describe or did not think was even possible as I thought I was sitting on top of the world.

I implore people to have compassion and not judge another's journey especially those who are Transgender, intersex, or non gender conforming because whole dealing with mental health issues because most of these individuals are kept in discriminatory, prejudicial and criminal financial situations by our government and society keeping people in poverty so they can't get the surgeries and procedures they need or provide for basic care and needs with makeup, clothes, laser and things that just allow others to feel comfortable in themselves.

As a society we undercut over and over the quality of life of transgenders. And we claim to be allies but at times we turn our backs on Pleas of others because we are tired of their poor me, woes me, negative light talk and feel they are just users who want attention. It's not about wanting the attention it is just about wanting to be happy to survive it's about trying to live. Surgery whether breasts, vaginoplasty or both raise endorphines and creates an instant vehicle for happiness and joy. Poverty and criminalization of sex workers, bathroom policing is no different than rape if not worse.

Surgery and services and we need more like hair, clothes, medicines etc are keys of life and are basic human rights. When we provide all the tools surgery, clothes, housing, jobs, makeup, emotional support we allow for people to gain these endorphins that make them happy and wanting to live. Each persons journey is different. But just noticing the instant differences in my own life I can contest that my own judgments on others and myself have done harm to me and others because I did not understand how fundamental trans services we take for granted do make a difference.

Today I have confidence, I am empowered, I have direction. I have worked hard to overcome health issues, mental health issues, homelessness, suicide attempts and life challenges or last several years but while. my story is unique, I know from experience until one has surgery, breasts, vaginoplasty, or both they will not be able to begin to live and be happy; surgery isn't going to make everyone happy but will for many. Today I overcome disability today I live a high quality of life because of services provided to me, surgeries, and life and I have never been happier in my life.

So please be patient and compassion, do not give up on others who seem to be just depressing all the time because they can't help it they are trying to live. If we are tired of trans individuals complaining let's help them with food,.clothjng, makeup, surgeries and help them live a quality of life they deserve


_While being sharp and funny  Legally Blonde  provide an unexpected commentary on sexism and discrimination, even if filtered through a pretty white girl lens. (Fact: It’s based on novelist Amanda Brown’s actual experiences as a Harvard Law student.)_

1 comment:

  1. Sexual identity is the core issue of human psychology. Gender identity poses a great embarrassment for transgenders and we can imagine the problems of a person who just keeps on struggling to find his own gender identity. Their mind needs a constant help and support in this venture of establishing their own self, so that they can integrate themselves in the society at the earliest as per their psychological need. The problem still gets exaggerated when they don't get enough expected support even from the basic supporting pillar, their own family, as well as society. By en large lack of awareness about the gender identity disorder and absence of defined regulations in the society may be the main attributes for this. This puts a transgender (who is already in a constant internal conflict between body and soul), in a conflict with the society leading to hampered interactions and interpersonal relationships with family, friends and colleagues. We understand the core need of an advanced skilled support system for transgenders at every level of their journey of becoming part of society with dignity.

    http://www.transgendersurgeryworld.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina