Friday, June 10, 2011

Faith and Religion

Written June 10, 2011 found in archives moved to blog for preservation

One thing i have learned over the last several years is religion is a collective thing and definitely, never perfect, sometimes chaotic, and not everyone will always agree with they policies and practices of men. Its faith however that is a personal thing that gives us strength, peace, empowerment in the doctrines and principles of our chosen religion and life path. by faith we rely on a power greater than ourselves regardless of whom the power is. Faith can be in one religion or path or all encompassing in many religions and practices depending on ones understanding. So lets COEXIST regardless of past prejudices of any religion and bring true peace to this country.

As for me and my house we are going to serve the Lord. The Religion I Proudly Belong to is the LDS church regardless of the policies and practices of men. its the foundation of the doctrine and principles I found root and solace in. My faith is all encompassing as I am respecter of all religions and also believe in a interfaith faith. it may be unorthodox but i find my faith rooted in LDS, baptist, Lutheran, catholicism, pentecostal, apostolic, non denominational, Hinduism, Buddism, spiritualist, christian mysticism, Jewish, Muslim, and student of the universe faiths.

I believe in the coexistance of all faiths and though I may be called to a religion and ideology and have personal witness in I can never forget where i came from, the person it has made and allowed me to be and the appreciation for the path I've journey. I will not argue religion with anyone, but accept enlightenment from others views, will not bash another religion but embrace them as a fellow brother or sister. The best part is I do not nor will I defend my choices in religion and faith because I know for the most part what is expected of me and i will never know everything until i depart for golden shores. however i do know i as an individual can work to bridge the gap between religions be open to others views and not JUDGE the religion someone worships in, who they are as a person, their sexuality, gender expression, race, ideology, creeds, or anything that makes them them. For there is only one JUDGE I am not HIM nor do I want the job. the only job I want is LOVING people as the persons the wish to be regardless if i agree with them or like them or what they do. I am not perfect, I am human, but like everyone born on this planet, I AM A CHILD OF GOD. And I am perfect in HIS EYES


Katerina Guinevere Swallow-du Lac, Ph.D
Interfaith Minister/Chaplain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina