Friday, May 13, 2011

intro

from positive being positive blog
 
At the start of this blog I have been living with, as a survivor, HIV for 16 mths. For me being HIV+ is not a death sentence, but unfortunately I can not say that about others who have been infected (due to personal bias and stigmas as well as new HIV strains that are resistant to all if not almost all retro-antivirals out on the market) Positive Being Positive is about living positive as someone who is positive, and also helping others do the same while spreading the message and encouraging others to stay negative.<br />
<br />
This blog is about education, advocacy, outreach and prevention. It's about bringing current issues facing society and being down to earth truthful. I can be a controversial writer to some and in this blog will carry my style home to touch lives. I am usually known as controversial because I hit a nerve with the truth. This blog will also contain hidden truths that you may not hear on the social circuit; because HIV prevention and care agencies, social services, and people in general do not want to face reality or talk about the issues yet they know it is in their backyard. (Even when I bring it up the subject is quickly changed)<br />
<br />
I myself have worked the social service sector for 10 years since I was 19, heard many stories, supported HIV/AIDS charities, and the fight against HIV. However even with the info I knew and know it took me becoming positive to speak up, and begin putting a face on HIV so here is the good the bad and the ugly-my life and society

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina