Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Mindfulness : DBT in Action and finding my day to better than expected

Today has been a day in the moment, one in which normally would be one where I would allow myself to feel a maniac force  of anxiety that would gail past everyone; to those not taken back and/or to the ground, I would be taking hostages and bringing you into my despair. But blessings, today is a calm in the center of the rain.

This morning I dropped the Pony Express off at shop, after running late because I slept through my alarm after waking up on the floor around 4 am and then climbed into bed.  I did not bother to check for my ATM card, actually I think I might have thought I won't need it, and decided to just go. Why I decided I won't need it (my first sign- everytime I make such a declaration and I don't do the opposite for just in case matters, I need it), it waa simply because I did not plan ahead for the emergencies and I thought I was getting a rental. The problem with that even though rental is covered by insurance they still needed a credit card, okay so secondly it turns out the shop did not have a shuttle for passengers and while they were going to have me drive back to my place, and they drive back I did not trust the car with it raining on the road, (plus I need to put gas in it when I picked it up as there wasn't enough Gas to get back to my place.). So I said I will call Uber or Lyft  as it begins raining, my debit card hasnt been updated in a while on the app, and I asked Dale if he had an uber, to get home. When he got me the Information to order, I had decided I'm wasn't going to use it, as my poor choices and second guessing put me in a position  that wasn't anyone else responsibility to fix; so when the rain stopped I walked to the bus stop (i have my laundry money, from procrastinating) waited maybe 3 minutes for bus to show up right when the rain started, by this time Dale gave me Uber info and thought he had free ride and such on but I decided I'm just going to switch buses. It stopped raining at my stop and I waited for about 4 minutes for the connecting bus and I made it home. As I made it home I sent Dale a code to get free Lyft rides.

As I left to go run errands Dale's car got a flat along the way, and was like okay I got this and i  break out the spare and Jack. For the first time some gentleman stopped to offer to do it for me as he and his wife walked by, I was taken aback. I'm always changing others people's car tires, not the other way around. The spare was shoddy but figure it could get me to place to fix the tires. Nope, luckily  I was blessed with a random stranger helping me called a guy to bring a tire (all while I made claim to geico and then on the phone with them and were about to send tow truck), and while we waited I did not realize I had locked the door of the Mustang when went to roll down windows and hit wrong button and when got out, ihad locked myself out. While they were see how we were going to get in, i had the idea check the trunk, Luckily I had the trunk propped open with the originaI tire need to take it back and just as I suspected older 98 car and it had a thing to pull down and let the seat in back fold down. I'm in a place where I think I'm too skinny and lost breast mass as I wasn't eating fighting for Peru. I am glad I'm this skinny at the moment as I barely fit through that opening into the car to unlock the door.  Turns out the tire was simply low with a air pump compressor and a can of tire flat stuff they fixed the original tire. I am grateful that today I remained focus. That and remained mindful and present and just did all I could taking responsibility. 3.5 hour later home to relax, eat and clean my room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina