Thursday, December 10, 2015

Angels in the Rain

I am officially that crazy white girl your mother warned you about. I'm driving home just as it starts pouring raining and see somebody dressed in black, dark skin walking again caught up in the pouring rain. First thought was you don't offer anyone a ride as white girl, Especially in Oakland this time of night; they could steal your car, they could be drug dealers they could kill you, you don't offer a ride to someone this late at night in Oakland. Then a feeling I haven't had in a long time, a very heavy impression, that I need to turn around and see if they need a ride. I was like oh f***. So I did a u-turn, and then it did another u-turn pulling up to where he was and offered him a ride. I gave him a ride from High Street by the tracks out to Parker past +Eastmont Mall. Turns out he just got off work at a liquor store in Alameda and missed the last bus, was going to walk to MacArthur to catch bus, did not know foothill ran all night. I want to take him to next bus stop ahead of the bus, but i was invested at this point. He was more than grateful as he couldn't keep from saying thank you enough and he actually said his faith has been restored in humanity. I told him just return the favor for somebody else later. He said most definitely

He was definitely my angel. I was already fuming and going home angry as my last uber fare ordered for her son, called me when I still 5 minutes away coming from Hayward area saying her app said I should have been there 5 minutes ago at the motel 6 toward airport when I'm still driving in the rain. And then when I'm halfway in the middle of driving him to San Leandro she cancels the ride. Black kid, and such and I was like do I leave him what do I do, and quickly decide I wasn't and couldn't just leave him on side of the road or kick him out of my car so I dropped him off at home and message uber and had an asthma attack from his cologne. He kept saying he sorry but he also followed by he shouldn't be apologizing not his fault. I made sure he back to San Leandro, and was heading home when it started pouring. That was when I saw the other guy and hoped that there would be somebody who would be there if I ever needed a favor such as that or if I was miserably was walking in the rain and they drove by snf saw me.. The final thought was it is Christmas after all, and so I was not going to be the Scrooge, so I gave it to the Divine plan.


+Eastmont mall where I have anxiety driving by there due to being held up at gun point 5 years ago, (when I started trans* sober living housing @ 7200 MacArthur,) and refused to give up my wallet as needed ID for plane to UT 2 day later to promote GIEC and the trans* SLE, and he was shocked i said no, especially since he appeared more scared of me and of the 2 trans woman who where with me (client and my asst. house manager- it was first of September after midnight and payday) as the gun was shaking and appeared to be a kid I did not think he'd ever actually shoot it, nor did if think he hit me with it; I refused unlike the other 2 and he and pistol whipped me across left cheek and ran off with their wallets and money for the month, so yes I was apprehensive.
***side note I got to meet Ms Billie Cooper when she moved into the house.- after everything I said I'd never move back to Oakland}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina