Thursday, August 31, 2006

Petition to the First Presidency

Thursday, August 31, 2006

 
To The First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

I humbly come before you as a servant of Heavenly Father with this petition that I may serve a mission for the greater work of the Kingdom.  I ask not to serve a mission to glorify myself or to magnify myself in front of my fellow brethren but to be an instrument, as were the sons of Mosiah, in the hands of God to bring as the Lord wills the knowledge and truth to those still blinded by the teachings of their forefathers.  The reason I write to you with this petition because I am a convert of almost 2 years and also divorced.  I was married before I joined the church and divorced before I was a member a year.  The divorce was mutual and just did not work out I was 19 and she was 26 when we got married.  I ask to serve a mission because as a convert and a former licensed and ordained minister, I have experienced first hand the teachings of those ill-educated in the fullness of the truth of the gospel.  Many of my brethren in Christ live in the darkness of the principal of salvation by grace and what grace truly means.  That grace is only the covenant between Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father that prepares the way that we may return to glory.   

As Alma stated in Alma 29.9 “I know what the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it.  I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.”

My whole life has been about me and doing what I want.  I have taken and taken out of life without contributing anything back.  Serving a mission will allow me to unselfishly serve the Heavenly Father doing His work, it would allow me to give back to the kingdom for the greater glory.  All I have ever wanted to do and all I continue to do in my life is serve Heavenly Father.  It breaks my heart to see so many people who desire to know the truth but they don’t have anyone to share it with them.  I am the Lord’s servant and I am at His will regardless if I am allowed to serve a mission or not.  I know that I am a missionary whether I serve a full time mission or not and regardless what your decision is I will continue to serve Heavenly Father and the church.  

I know without a doubt The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church.  I know that Joseph Smith was and is a true prophet called by God and not by man to open the final dispensation and restore the Church and gospel.  I testify that Gordon B. Hinckley is the true Prophet, Seer, and Revelator of this church.  I know The Book of Mormon is a true testament of our Father’s love for us.  I humbly bear my testimony knowing that all things will be done according to the will of Heavenly Father.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

 

Sincerely in Christ,                          

Elder Andrew Swallow                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina