Wednesday, May 3, 2006

First Temple Experience

Baptisms-St. George, Utah Temple

Today was the first time I entered a temple.  What a time of nervousness of the unknown- not knowing what to expect, but at the same time a soothing and calming feeling overwhelms you.  From the first time you enter, that very moment I stepped through those doors I was at peace, the world outside did not exist, not at that time and moment anyways.  I can not describe the inside because of its sacrity, even if I tried it would not have the same impact as it would for one experiencing it for themselves.  1 week from today I will be receiving my endowments and to prepare and have an understanding of the temple and its symbolism before hand I was strongly guided to go to perform baptisms.  What a great blessing in itself to act as a proxy, on behalf of someone else that they may know the same joy we have in the truth and fullness of the gospel.  When I was be confirmed as a proxy for those who died I strongly felt the Holy Spirit upon me.  I remember seeing, it could have been my imagination, however I honestly don't think it was; as I sat there during the confirmations as each name was being confirmed I could swear I was in the Spirit World or at least watching through a window- it was a little blurry- but as each name was confirmed I saw each person saying thank you and shouting out acclamation's to the Lord.  At this time and this time only did each person who was accepting came into clear view while everything else remained blurry.  The temple is a privilege that we may use and have if we are worthy.  We do not have the right to abuse the privilege or cause ourselves not to be worthy of a recommend.  Because we serve in the temple that others who have gone on may come and know the Father that they too may bask in his glory.

The lesson I learned:  We are to humble ourselves in the service of Heavenly Father that we may be used in the glorification of His Kingdom.  For we are not here on earth during this dispensation to ourselves, but to serve our fellow man both here on earth and on the other side of Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment an/or question. it make take time to respond due to traveling abroad 2017.

katerina